Sunday, February 21, 2010

EXTRA CREDIT (Without a Cell Phone) PART 1

As some of you may have known i have been and are still without a cell phone. It all started off when I was leaving a friend of mines house over on College Park the night of the terrible blizzard. I was walking down the steps and took a nasty spill. I slipped and fell off over the railing into a HUGE snow drift. It was dark out, snow in my eyes, I just couldn't see. I began searching for it frantically but then quickly realized that;I couldn't find it. Thrashing through the snow, it was nowhere to be seen. Even after several later attempts to find it with a metal detector. It was still lost in the mist. The Story of the Lost Cell phone, was sure to have an ending that would stun us all. Seconds began to pass, then minutes, then hours, and then even days. I lost touch of all of my friends. I never knew when to eat with them or go out with them anywhere. I was slowly being "shut out" from the cellular world. What to do what to do? I don't have a cell phone what do i do? It was like Dr. Seuss was in my head, the world almost spinning. Boredom set in from the lack of communications, i began watching t.v. more often and definitely sitting around more often. It was like I was high off a technological marijuana joint. I was slowly slipping out of reality and into the a cold, manipulative Cell Phone terror mania. Panick began to set in quickly, i felt as if my very own cell phones was taking my friends away. Days of not having a phone starts to reek havoc. Am i going crazy? [Stay Tuned for PART 2]

1 comment:

  1. Its crazy to see just how much we rely on technology. The fact that you do not have a cell phone starts to dictate the number of friends you can have. If hanging out with someone is a hassle then most people just won't hangout with someone. We have become so lazy that if we have to work for anything we look for an alternative path of least resistance.

    ReplyDelete