Tuesday, March 2, 2010

EXTRA CREDIT (Without a Cell Phone) PART 3 of 3

So here I am. Its week 3. I have learned to accept the fact that communication is coming to a halt. In weeks 2 post I spoke about my alternative activities one which was sitting in my room and doing absolutely nothing. Week 3 i realized that this was not a good option. I am naturally a very active person so i thought hey! why not start going back to the gym? Week 3 was a marking point for the gym. 3 days a week and cardio in between is more than enough. I also focused on eating healthier. While on the computer starring at facebook waiting for a friend to log in i began researching healthier eating habits etc. Week 3 of being phone less actually proved to be a good thing. Between going to the gym more, eating healthier, and actually doing my homework how could this not be a good thing. My friends began to accept the fact that i didnt have a phone thus backed out my life.

Living without a phone for 3 weeks was at first terrible but in the end bearable. What i learned from this experience is that we are so dependent on technology. It runs our lives. In a way this is sad. What happened to sending letters and face to face conversations? These types of communications have a certain emotional attraction. Sending someone a text message lacks a certain inner emotional connection between you and the person you are talking to. All in all i learned to deal with being without a phone. It was extremely hard at first but easy in the end. In a way i enjoyed this extra credit assignment. In a way it helps you find who you are inside and helps you stray from becoming reliant on technology as a means of communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment