Monday, April 19, 2010

Brave New World (Qoute)

The quote below stood out to me. I feel like this quote is in a way "drama". When i read this quote it just reminds me of all of the people that are in relationships in the world and all of the drama that seems to be associated with them.

"But it's absurd to let yourself get into a state like this. Simply absurd," she repeated. "And what about? A man – one man."
"But he's the one I want."
"As though there weren't millions of other men in the world."
"But I don't want
them."
"How can you know till you've tried?"
"I have tried."


This quote makes it sound like Lenina's desire for John is a simple case of wanting what you can't have. If she really loved him, she probably wouldn't be sleeping with "dozens" of other men like she does. Knowing how Lenina is throughout the book you could also suggest that she sleeps around with so many guys because it is her way of dealing with emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment